Thursday, November 03, 2005

submerged

Tonight I'm going through my old emails. I noticed today that I have 325 messages in one of my inboxes. How can this be? I decide to go through them...

It's weird to say the least, how much of my life lives in that inbox. Reading through my emails, which start just before I started 6th form, it's like watching myself meandering through life, through relationships and situations and people.

The oddest thing. I find an email from an ex-boyfriend. It's a reply to one that I sent in which I talk about 'tonight' and how cool it was. Why that night? What happened that night that was so cool? Then it twigs. That's when we started, me and him, when we got together. Suddenly I remember everything, that it was raining, that we went for a walk, sat outside Yateley Industries on a broken bench and I got my ass stuck. We had pockets full of CDs to exchange with each other but we both ended up forgetting. I finish the email by saying I'm going to listen to Dido, seeing as I still have it.

I'm done remembering, I'm just about to open the next email when I notice the date. November 3rd 2003. I walked in my front door after he dropped me off and went straight inside to send that message. Two years ago today.

While I've been writing this post, 'our song' has started playing in my media library. I could not be further stuck down memory lane right now. It doesn't feel like two years. It really is though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home