Sunday, November 20, 2005

no mere film should make me this happy

The new Harry Potter film might be the best thing that's happened to me all week (read: year).

We saw it at the Vue in Staines, ended up sitting right at the front, meaning that I have a crick in my neck that'll cane for days but oh my life it was worth it. The screen was so big I had to move my head everytime someone moved, it was the trippiest experience.

I'm going to see it again tomorrow with the rents. That's right. Twice in two days. That's right.

Also v.glad I got to see it with people who were equally as excited it about it as I was (namely, on the verge of wetting myself). You either get it or you don't, and if you don't, I have little time for you.

The weirdest thing is that when I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a few months ago, with Jennie and Taz, we saw a trailer for the Goblet of Fire, and I remember saying to them how weird it was that we would go and see it in a few months time with people we didn't even know yet. I spent a good moment thinking of the people I'd never met, out there somewhere in the world, doing their thing, probably going to the cinema, probably seeing that trailer and looking forward to seeing it, having no idea that we'd all bump into each other and go out one night.

Est, Jo, Dave, Ro, Ninj: you raging Potter-philes, can't think of anyone I'd rather have bumped into.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 am , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Fi,
I've been rubbish at blogging recenly - my bad. Just got back from seeing Harry Potter... hmm. In terms of cinematography it's excellent but to be honest, the films have to cut so much context and characterisation from the books in order to fit it into 2 hours that it just doesn't seem to work... it's not a BAD film though :-/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home