Thursday, November 24, 2005

i figure that the shame of blogging this will encourage me to NEVER BE THIS STUPID AGAIN

When they say they take their deadlines seriously at university, they mean it.

Shit. What a completely stupid, self-inflicted mess I find myself in.

Can I obtain proof that I was ill last week? Um, no, other than asking Tom and showing you the empty ibuprofen packets.

Can I obtain a retrospective doctor's note to prove that I was ill last week? Um, no, because I'm not ill anymore.

Did I read the departmental handbook in regard to missed deadlines and illness extensions? Um, no, because I'm UNBELIEVABLY STUPID.

Shit.

Did I not realise that we have a 'no-marking' policy on pieces of work over 24 hours late? Um, no, I thought that was just Geology...

Shit.

Do I realise that that essay is worth 40% of my grade for this course? Well, yes, I realise that now...

Update: just when I thought this couldn't get any worse...

And do I realise that this course is one of two compulsory half units for the first year, meaning that I must pass it in order to progress? I do now.

And do I realise that if this essay is unmarked, this could lead to me failing not only this course but the entire first year of my degree? Yes, I realise that now.

Oh.
Shit.

1 Comments:

At 6:18 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know the situation obviously, but it's never as bad as they make out. tonnes of people must miss deadlines and don't get kciked out of uni. it'll be ok.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home